Monday, May 2, 2011

10 things i like about my brain

the homework i submitted for my general psychology class:


1  I like how my medulla helps my body
    To breathe, beat, circulate;
    And how the pons is just above
    To sleep and stimulate.
2  I like how the reticular system is
    Important in attention;
    And cerebellum for fine motor movements
    Which is important to mention.
3  I like how my thalamus
    Sorts out sensory information.
    Without it I might kick you hard
    Without any hesitation.
4  I like how my hypothalamus
    Controls when I eat and drink.
    Without it I would be so fat
    That when I swim, I sink.
5  I like how my hippocampus
    Forms long-term memories
    To help me remember the many terms
    When I study for LTs.
6  I like how my amygdala
    Can process for me my fear
    Or else you would see me frightened of
    Good pulutan and beer.
7  I like how there are four lobes,
    Not one nor two nor three.
    For if my brain get hurts so bad,
    More chance to function properly!
8  I like how the cerebrum is divided
    In 2 wrinkly parts—
    Left hemisphere for logics
    Right hemisphere for arts.
9  I like how the corpus callosum
    Connects the left and right.
    I might neglect to shake a hand
    And get into a fight.
10I like how the parts of my brain
    Are where they are right now.
    Imagine voluntarily breathing
    And involuntarily peeing around!

me trying to be creative in psychology

<bow>

No comments:

Post a Comment